Latest release from Demand Technology Software brings Consistency, Clarity and Confidence to performance management for x64
NAPLES, FL, November 8, 2006 – Demand Technology Software, Inc., the creators of Performance Sentry and NTSMF, has released version 3.0 of Performance Sentry. The industry leading Windows performance management tool has been enhanced to provide intelligent data collection and reporting for the Windows x64 platform.
“Performance Sentry has been the performance monitor of choice in many of the world’s largest and most demanding IT environments since 1998,” says Phil Henninge, President of Demand Technology Software. “We are very pleased to be the first to bring true 64-bit enterprise level performance monitoring to the Windows x64 Platform.”
New features in release 3.0 of Performance Sentry also include:
- Data Exception Prevention (DEP) handling improvements: The Performance Sentry collector has been enhanced to conform to x64 Data Exception Prevention (DEP) standards.
- Counter validation improvements: Now counters can be validated by type, rather than by name only. This ensures support for new counters as they are introduced.
- Counter reporting improvements: All base counters are written to the SMF file when requested. In the past only certain pre-defined base counters were written.
- Cycle end processing enhancements: The @CycleEndType macro indicates the type of cycle end with a single character as follows:
S — short cycle.
N — normal cycle.
H — cycle at cycle hour.
- MVS compatible filenames: The collection agent has been enhanced to provide optional support for the writing of MVS compatible filenames.
Performance Sentry 3.0 is
currently available for evaluation. Existing customers with current maintenance will receive new release download information via email.
Resellers may receive information on reseller programs and pricing by calling 239-494-8162 or by e-mailing [email protected].
About Demand Technology Software, Inc.
Demand Technology Software delivers innovative performance monitoring software that keeps large-scale Windows server environments running smoothly. Performance Sentry and NTSMF are the only Windows performance management solutions that have been engineered from the ground up to efficiently and cost-effectively monitor the world’s largest and most advanced Microsoft server deployments. For more information on Demand, please see www.demandtech.com or call Joanne Decker at 239-494-8166.